Front and back PODs operate in a pattern to optimize oscillatory effect to the airways.
Oscillating PODs deliver targeted kinetic energy and generate airflow in the lungs to loosen mucus.
Air gets behind the mucus to move it to the large airways.
NEW: Clinical data on the new Monarch® Airway Clearance System was presented at the 2018 North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference (NACFC) and found that the Monarch System was comparable to The Vest® System for sputum production.¹ Further evaluation of the Monarch System post-therapy found airway clearance improvement was shown by improved Brody scores and FRI results.¹
Mobility with visibility
Enabled with LTE or WiFi connectivity, the Monarch® System keeps patients wirelessly connected to you and the rest of the care team. This supports compliance by eliminating the need for patients to manually record therapy sessions. You get prompt treatment feedback through the VisiView® Health Portal, helping you see usage information and trends over time, tailor treatment, and keep your patients motivated with their therapy.
Indications and important safety information
Indications for Use²
The Monarch® Airway Clearance System is intended to provide airway clearance therapy and promote bronchial drainage where external manipulation of the thorax is the physician’s choice of treatment. It is indicated for patients having difficulty with secretion clearance, or the presence of atelectasis caused by mucus plugging. The Monarch System is intended to be used in the Home Care environment by patients, 15 years and older.
If any patient conditions exist that could cause the use of Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 to present a risk to the patient, do not use the unit except as directed by a physician. Death or serious injury could occur.
Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 is contraindicated if these conditions are present:
- The Monarch® device uses Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs) that create a magnetic field which is present whether the device is turned on or off. Due to the presence of the magnetic field, people who have an active implantable medical device, such as any of the following, are contraindicated (if they cannot keep the susceptible component at least 6 inches away from the Monarch® device):
- Infusion Pumps, including Insulin Pumps
- Circulatory Support Devices
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Head and/or neck injury that has not yet been stabilized.
- Active hemorrhage with hemodynamic instability.
The Monarch Airway Clearance System warnings include:
- Patients that may have difficulty clearing secretions from the upper airway (such as those with DMD or other advanced neuromuscular or neurological disorders) may require specialized therapy regiments involving manually or mechanically assisted coughing or other techniques in conjunction with Monarch® Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 therapy. Please consult your physician to determine if additional therapy is appropriate.
- The Monarch® Airway Clearance System has been prescribed by your physician for your use only. Do not let others try on your device, whether it is turned on or off. It should never be worn or used by someone with an active implantable medical device due to the presence of the magnetic field created by the Monarch® Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs). See the Contraindications section in the manual for further description of an active implantable medical device.
For a complete list of Warnings or to obtain a copy of the User Manual, please call us at 800-426-4224.
For more detailed product information, including a downloadable prescription form, visit the Hill-Rom Respiratory Care site.
- Leemans G, De Hondt A, Ides K, et al. Evaluation of a mobile HFCWO device in patients with cystic fibrosis. Pediatric Pulmonology. September 2018;53(S2):S1-S481.
- The Monarch Airway Clearance System Model 1000 User Manual (195292).
©2018 Hill-Rom Services PTE Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
202762 rev 4 06-NOV-2018 ENG – US