About the system
The Monarch® System is used to aid mobilization of secretions from the airways to help improve airway health. This is achieved by the placement of eight pulmonary oscillating discs (PODs) containing magnets, over the upper and lower lobes of the lungs. The PODs oscillate and provide a targeted kinetic energy to the lungs. This therapy generates airflow to help thin and mobilize mucus from the small airways to the large airways, where it can be coughed out or suctioned.
Front and back PODs operate in a pattern to optimize oscillatory effect to the airways.
Oscillating PODs deliver targeted kinetic energy and generate airflow in the lungs to loosen mucus.
Air gets behind the mucus to move it to the large airways.
Mobility with visibility
Enabled with LTE or WiFi connectivity, the Monarch® System keeps patients wirelessly connected to you and the rest of the care team. This supports compliance by eliminating the need for patients to manually record therapy sessions. You get prompt treatment feedback through the VisiView® Health Portal, helping you see usage information and trends over time, tailor treatment, and keep your patients motivated with their therapy.
Indications and important safety information
Indications for Use¹
The Monarch® Airway Clearance System is intended to provide airway clearance therapy and promote bronchial drainage where external manipulation of the thorax is the physician’s choice of treatment. It is indicated for patients having difficulty with secretion clearance, or the presence of atelectasis caused by mucus plugging. The Monarch System is intended to be used in the Home Care environment by patients, 15 years and older.
If any patient conditions exist that could cause the use of Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 to present a risk to the patient, do not use the unit except as directed by a physician. Death or serious injury could occur.
Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 is contraindicated if these conditions are present:
- Patients who have any of the following active implanted medical devices, due to the presence of the magnetic field created by the Monarch device, whether it is turned on or off:
- Infusion Pumps
- Circulatory Support Devices
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Cochlear Implants
- Head and/or neck injury that has not yet been stabilized.
- Active hemorrhage with hemodynamic instability.
The Monarch Airway Clearance System warnings include:
- Patients that may have difficulty clearing secretions from the upper airway (such as those with DMD or other advanced neuromuscular or neurological disorders) may require specialized therapy regiments involving manually or mechanically assisted coughing or other techniques in conjunction with Monarch Airway Clearance System. Please consult your physician to determine if additional therapy is appropriate.
- The Monarch System has been prescribed by your physician for your use only. No one else should ever try on your device, whether it is on or off. It should never be worn by someone with an active implantable medical device due to the presence of the magnetic field created by the Monarch Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs).
For a complete list of Warnings or to obtain a copy of the User Manual, please call us at 800-426-4224.
For more detailed product information, including a downloadable prescription form, visit the Hill-Rom Respiratory Care site.
- The Monarch Airway Clearance System Model 1000 User Manual (195292).
©2018 Hill-Rom Services PTE Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
202762 rev 3 08-MAY-2018 ENG – US