The man behind the Monarch® System
Marten De Vlieger and his sister, both CF patients, grew up with their mother manually performing CPT to help clear their airways. With a vision for more independence, Marten created a mobile therapeutic device for airway clearance. This novel device gave him the freedom to travel and live his adventurous, kite-surfing life while raising a family. Wanting others to experience this flexibility and control, he partnered with Hill-Rom to develop the Monarch Airway Clearance System.
Learn more about Marten by following him on Instagram – @cf_adventurerlife
Mobility powered by POD technology
The Monarch® System uses Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs) to generate oscillations and targeted kinetic energy to your lungs. This airway clearance therapy helps thin mucus and increase airflow, mobilizing secretions from the airways while you’re going about your day. So you no longer have to put your life on hold for therapy.
Front and back PODs operate in a pattern to optimize oscillatory effect to the airways.
Oscillating PODs deliver targeted kinetic energy and generate airflow in the lungs to loosen mucus.
Air gets behind the mucus to move it to the large airways.
Like a fitness tracker for your lungs
Track your treatments and stay connected with your care team automatically through the VisiView® Health Portal*. With available Bluetooth® connectivity, you can also control your Monarch® System from an intuitive mobile app.
Designed with you in mind
Sportswear-inspired design is made for freedom on mobility. Its quiet operation enables easy conversation.¹ Fun colors and patterns let patients personalize their device.
with 8 independently operating PODs delivering targeted kinetic energy.
is intuitive and simple to use.
in your choice of five colors; washable & dryable.
Rolling carrying case
with retractable handle and backpack straps looks like ordinary luggage, and makes it easy to travel with the device.
powers therapy on the move.
Power adapter and cord
lets you control your Monarch® System.
VisiView® Health Portal
enables easy, automatic therapy tracking to enhance collaboration in care.
Download the Monarch® System Mobile App on your smart device by searching for “MyMonarch” in the Google Play or App Store.
iOS: 9.X and above
- iPhone® 4s
- iPhone® 5s
- iPhone® 6
- iPhone® 6 Plus
- iPhone® 6s
- iPhone® 7
- iPhone® 8
- iPhone® X
Android®: 5.X and above
- Samsung Galaxy® S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy® S7
- Samsung Galaxy® Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy® J5
- Motorola® Turbo
Indications and important safety information
Indications for Use²
The Monarch® Airway Clearance System is intended to provide airway clearance therapy and promote bronchial drainage where external manipulation of the thorax is the physician’s choice of treatment. It is indicated for patients having difficulty with secretion clearance, or the presence of atelectasis caused by mucus plugging. The Monarch System is intended to be used in the Home Care environment by patients, 15 years and older.
If any patient conditions exist that could cause the use of Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 to present a risk to the patient, do not use the unit except as directed by a physician. Death or serious injury could occur.
Monarch Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 is contraindicated if these conditions are present:
- The Monarch® device uses Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs) that create a magnetic field which is present whether the device is turned on or off. Due to the presence of the magnetic field, people who have an active implantable device, such as any of the following are contraindicated (if they cannot keep the susceptible component at least 6 inches away from the Monarch® device):
- Infusion Pumps, including Insulin Pumps
- Circulatory Support Devices
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Head and/or neck injury that has not yet been stabilized.
- Active hemorrhage with hemodynamic instability.
The Monarch Airway Clearance System warnings include:
- Patients that may have difficulty clearing secretions from the upper airway (such as those with DMD or other advanced neuromuscular or neurological disorders) may require specialized therapy regiments involving manually or mechanically assisted coughing or other techniques in conjunction with Monarch® Airway Clearance System, Model 1000 therapy. Please consult your physician to determine if additional therapy is appropriate.
- The Monarch® Airway Clearance System has been prescribed by our physician for your use only. Do not let others try on your device, whether it is turned on or off. It should never be worn or used by someone with an active implantable medical device due to the presence of the magnetic field created by the Monarch® Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs). See the Contraindications section in the manual for further description of an active implantable medical device.
For a complete list of Warnings or to obtain a copy of the User Manual, please call us at 800-426-4224.
- Sound testing per International Standard IEC 60601-1, 3rd Edition at a distance of 30 cm. Sound testing results found the Monarch® System operates at a level at or below that considered as a “normal conversation”; reference https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/noise-induced-hearing-loss.
- The Monarch Airway Clearance System Model 1000 User Manual (195292).
Android® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Samsung Galaxy® is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronic Co., Ltd.
Motorola® is a registered trademark of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC.
©2018 Hill-Rom Services PTE Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
202759 rev 5 06-NOV-2018 ENG – US